The decision is finally taken, the 2021 edition of Bubo cup will be held in terrain around Rogla ski resort in Pohorje mountains.
These are compeletly new areas for us, 100% stone free but still very beautiful and interesting, just in a different way than karst. The dates are 21.-24. July, which means it can be conveniently combined with the OOcup.
This means that “Platak project” in Croatia is shifted for one more year, so we plan to do it in 2022.
Feel free to browse the website for some more information…
So, we came to the end of Bubo cup 2020. Thanks everyone for taking part and of course all the 7 organizers for being super cool and super efficient :)! Next year Bubo cup will likely take place on Platak plateau, but this needs to be confirmed.
The next stop of our traveling O-circus is France. Now all our energy is focused on delivering another quality edition of OOcup 11.-15. August!
Thanks and see you around!
The first stage is over and we hope you are enjoying the event so far and of course your time after the race. No stress on Cres!
Like always, you can find splits and results on OrienteeringOnline.
Today we’ve been testing Live results on OrienteeringOnline, a long waited feature which we have finally implemented. During the race a you can click on Preliminary results on event’s Basic info page or the special “Live” icon next to Bubo cup listing on event list on OOnet main page. We encourage you to try this option. In the finish area it seems that we seem to have the best mobile internet connection with HT HR mobile operator.
Tomorrow some fast terrain is on the program. Sprint in Tramuntana forest!
It is now possible to organize orienteering events in Croatia, which means that Bubo cup 2020 will be held.
You are now welcome to make your entry and proceed with payment.
There is only one deadline and entries are possible until July 1st.
See you in July on beautiful Cres island!
In the last days some positive steps towards normalisation of life have been made in Croatia, which gives us some hope that it will be possible to organise Bubo cup in the beginning of July. Currently it is OK to organise public event for up to 40 people, but we expect this number to rise till July.
Due to movement restrictions and closed borders in the period from March to May we were not able to complete cartography work on Platak plateau. Therefore we are forced to cancel the first stage of Bubo cup and move the second stage to Cres island. This means that there will be 4 stages instead of 5 and that all 4 of them will be held in Tramuntana forest on Cres island.
For those who have already booked accommodation near Rijeka/Platak, we will offer possibility for one training on small map on Platak plateau. In the following years we will use Platak area for another race, hopefully in normal conditions.
Stay tuned for updates!