IMPORTANT: Bulletin and Covid update
Here you can find the Bulletin with course data and basic information about the event.
Unfortunately, Slovenian government has recently made some changes to Covid rules for sport events. The PCR or quick test are now valid only 48 hours (72 hours before the change). Furthermore, only children younger than 15 years who are accompanied by their parents or guardians do not need negative test or proof of vaccination/recovery (before the change the age limit was 18).
Once again we kindly ask you to send us your certificates of vaccination or recovery from Covid as soon as possible. That way you will make things much easier for us. A lot of additional administration is now imposed on the organizers and we will greatly appreciate if you can send us your certificates before your arrival.
During the races we will use the system with Covid-tickets which will have to be presented at the start by all runners. Vaccinated and recovered will get all 4 tickets upon registration. All others who will bring negative tests will only get tickets for the time/stages their test is valid. When they retake the test, they will get the rest of their Covid-tickets.
If you have any further questions don’t hesitate to ask.
IMPORTANT: Paying fees and Covid update
We are now asking all participants of Bubo cup 2021 to pay for their entry fees. Please do so within 3 days of your entry deadline, otherwise next deadline entry fee will apply. It means all who entered the race before July 1st should pay for their entry fee until July 4th at latest.
Currently, the “Tested, Vaccinated, Recovered” rule is still on in Slovenia for sport events. We are not sure whether it will change until the race. If not, it means that, if you’re not Covid recovered or vaccinated, you will have to present PCR or quick Antigen test to start the race. Furthermore, since it is valid for only 72 hours, the test will have to be retaken during the race. It is possible to do so in health care centres close to the race venue.
In order to start the race, all participants older than 18 years will have to present:
- Negative PCR or Quick antigen test not older than 72 hours.
- Proof that person is Covid-19 recovered which means positive PCR test older than 10 days but not older than 6 months, or doctor’s certificate about Covid-19 recovery not older than 6 months.
- Proof of vaccination. Certificate which proves that:
- it has passed at least 7 days since vaccination with second dose of Comirnaty vaccine (Biontech/Pfizer)
- it has passed at least 14 days since vaccination with second dose of Covid-19 Vaccine (Moderna)
- it has passed at least 21 days since vaccination with the first dose of Vaxzevria vaccine (AstraZeneca)
- it has passed at least 14 days since vaccination with second dose of Covid-19 Vaccine (Johnson(Jansen Cilag)
- it has passed at least 21 days since vaccination with the first dose of Covishield vaccine (India/Astra Zeneca)
- it has passed at least 14 days since vaccination with second dose of Sputnik vaccine (GNCEM Rusia)
- it has passed at least 14 days since vaccination with the second dose of CoronaVac vaccine (Sinovac Biotech)
- it has passed at least 14 days since vaccination with the second dose of Covid-19 Vaccine (Sinopharm)
If you are vaccinated or recovered we kindly ask you to send us the proof of this as soon as possible to our email address email@example.com.
Entries are now open
You can now enter Bubo cup 2021 at OrienteeringOnline.net. However, due to uncertain situation regarding Covid-19, we are not accepting payments at the moment. Please pay your entry fees only after we ask you to do so.
Bubo cup 2021 in Pohorje mountains
The decision is finally taken, the 2021 edition of Bubo cup will be held in terrain around Rogla ski resort in Pohorje mountains.
These are compeletly new areas for us, 100% stone free but still very beautiful and interesting, just in a different way than karst. The dates are 21.-24. July, which means it can be conveniently combined with the OOcup.
This means that “Platak project” in Croatia is shifted for one more year, so we plan to do it in 2022.
Feel free to browse the website for some more information…
Bubo cup 2020 is over
So, we came to the end of Bubo cup 2020. Thanks everyone for taking part and of course all the 7 organizers for being super cool and super efficient :)! Next year Bubo cup will likely take place on Platak plateau, but this needs to be confirmed.
The next stop of our traveling O-circus is France. Now all our energy is focused on delivering another quality edition of OOcup 11.-15. August!
Thanks and see you around!
The first stage is over and we hope you are enjoying the event so far and of course your time after the race. No stress on Cres!
Like always, you can find splits and results on OrienteeringOnline.
Today we’ve been testing Live results on OrienteeringOnline, a long waited feature which we have finally implemented. During the race a you can click on Preliminary results on event’s Basic info page or the special “Live” icon next to Bubo cup listing on event list on OOnet main page. We encourage you to try this option. In the finish area it seems that we seem to have the best mobile internet connection with HT HR mobile operator.
Tomorrow some fast terrain is on the program. Sprint in Tramuntana forest!
Start lists are at OrienteeringOnline! This is also where results and splits will be published after each stage.
Bubo Cup 2020 it is just around the corner. Courses are planned and you can check the course lengths here.
The bulletin with more information will be published in a few days. Stay tuned.